- They're more impact resistant than plastic
- They filter 100% of UV rays and fluorescent light
- PC was initially designed for cockpit windows in fighter planes! It offered pilots the impact-resistant, clear window they needed for full vision
- In the 70's, NASA started to use PC for both astronaut helmet visors and space shuttle windshields
- With growing popularity, it was introduced to the general public in the 80's as a safe and affordable alternative to the regular plastic eyeglasses.
- Today, PC lenses are still used as the standard lens in eye-wear focused on protection.
So naturally, we use PC lenses in all of our Coldwater Classix sunglasses. You just focus on living #inthemoment. We've got you covered.
(Info sourced from: Shades Daddy Sunglass Blog)